Bad breath can undoubtedly lessen your confidence and self-esteem and in more extreme cases, cause depression. It does not need to be from now on if you follow the many recommendations on this site.
First thing to do is having your teeth checked by your dentist for any decay and gum disease. If you wear dentures ore have bridge work done get this checked as well. Also see that your sinuses are clear. If you smoke, well, you know what would be best.
Some illnesses such as diabetes or kidney dysfunction as well as being on severe diet can also cause bad breath.
If all the above is ok and Bad Breath still persists then the following tips may help.
1. Rinse your mouth with fresh water after every meal, add a teaspoon of salt and gargle
2. Start by cutting down or cutting out alcohol, coffee, high-protein foods and alcohol-based mouthwashes,
3. Avoid low carb and high fat diets
4. Increase healthy raw fruit and vegetables Every morning and afternoon bite into some hard, crisp fruit and vegetables like apples, cucumber, celery and raw carrot. These will naturally clean your teeth.
5. Increase intake of Vitamin B (esp. B1 from whole grain cereals, green vegetables, beans and peas, brown rice and berries) as this is essential for digesting food properly
6. Drink more water, especially if you are on any form of medication.
7. Clean your tongue from right to the back and use plenty of water to ensure the mucous and debris is washed away.
8. Change the environment in your mouth so these anaerobic bacteria will no longer grow. The best thing you can do to achieve this is to bring high amount of oxygen into the place where the bacteria live.
9. Use the toothpaste we recommend in Chapter 6 to clean your teeth.
10. Start implementing the Dr. Phillips Blotting Technique?
You can also
- chew fresh parsley;
- take a teaspoon of whole cloves, a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and two teaspoons of parsley, add them to a mug of boiling water, let it sit for 15 minutes, then gargle;
- boil two teaspoons of anise seeds in water for 3 minutes, strain it and drink or swill round your mouth.